The H4D-50 allows you to choose between working tethered to a computer, or untethered and storing your images on a compact flash card. A 4GB card will store about 60 images. You can view your captured images on the 3″ double-res (460.320 pixels) TFT 24bit color LCD display. The H4D-50 features True Focus with APL (Absolute Position Lock), making auto-focus substantially easier and more accurate. The camera has a wide ISO flexibility (ISO 50-800), and a flash sync of up to 1/800th of a second.
Options including GPS and Perspective Control modules, a choice of eye-level or waist-level finders, and optics from 28mm wide angle to 300mm telephoto, support the H-system philosophy of full user customization with uncompromising quality. Paired with Hasselblad Phocus software, the H4D-50 represents a complete, digital image solution for all of your professional needs.
With the purchase of this item, you are eligible for a free CD version of Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 software. Go here to register for your copy. Hasselblad will ship the software to you directly.
- Built around a 50 megapixel, 36.7 x 49.1mm CCD image sensor with 16-bit color. The chip provides the basis for optimal lens performance with a lens factor of 1.0, with both HC and HCD lenses.
- Ultra-fast auto focus with True Focus with Absolute Position Lock allows true, accurate focusing throughout the image field. Camera also features AF Assist Illumination for working in dark environments.
- 90 MB/sec read-write performance on Extreme Pro cards from Sandisk
- Rear uni-body housing for improved local servicing
- Choose between working tethered to a computer or untethered storing your images on a compact flash card. This allows you to get the most of your camera system both on location and in the studio.
- A large 3″ double-res (460.320 pixels) TFT 24 bit color display with a wide viewing angle allows you to view your images comfortably under most conditions.
- Capable of flash sync speeds up to 1/800th of a second, the camera opens the door to powerful, action-stopping studio and location photography. From models in motion to powerful athletic portraits, Hasselblad’s central lens shutters lead the industry in speed, consistency, and reliability.
- Process your RAW images in Hasselblad’s Phocus imaging toolbox, or work with your RAW images directly in Apple or Adobe imaging environments.
- Hasselblad’s Phocus Software brings powerful capture, processing, and archiving capabilities to the H system. Using a FireWire 800 connection, Phocus can control all shooting functions of the camera including ISO, shutter speed, aperture value, and fine autofocus. Processing capabilities go beyond simple RAW conversion, with adjustments for distortion, vignetting, and chromatic aberration. Powerful archiving functions such as keyword generation, GPS tagging, and folder creation bring professional image organization to your Mac or PC system.
- Hasselblad’s optional Global Image Locator (GIL) tags GPS coordinates, altitude, and time to all of your images files. This data is highly useful for location-specific applications and follow-up assignments. Using the included Phocus software, image mapping can be made directly to Google Earth.
Hasselblad H4D-50 Specs
|Camera Type||SLR Digital Camera|
|Sensor||36.7 x 49.1mm CCD|
|File Formats||RAW, TIFF|
|File Size||RAW: Up to 65MB
TIFF: Up to 150MB
|Color Spaces||sRGB, Adobe RGB|
|Lens Mount||Hasselblad H Mount|
|Focus Type||Auto and Manual Focus|
|Accessory Lens/Filter Mount||N/A|
|Shutter Speeds||1/800 – 32 sec|
|Metering||Spot, Center-weighted, Center Spot|
|Exposure Modes||Manual, Aperture Priority, Shutter Priority, Program|
|White Balance||Manual, Flash, Daylight, Tungsten|
|Burst Capability||1 frame / 1.1 seconds|
|Self Timer||Programmable Up to 60 seconds|
|Remote Control||Remote Release Cord H (optional)
PC Control when Tethered via FireWire 800
|Built-in Flash||Yes: Pop-up Fill Flash Integrated with HVD 90x Viewfinder|
|Effective Flash Range||Not Specified by Manufacturer|
|External Flash Connection||Hotshoe, PC Terminal|
|Dedicated Flash System||No|
|Max Sync Speed||1/800 sec|
|Memory Card Type||CompactFlash I/II|
|Still Images per GB||RAW: 15|
|Video Clip Length||N/A|
|Viewfinder Type||90° Eye-level Viewfinder|
|System & Software Requirements||Windows: XP, Vista and Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit)
Mac OS X (10.6 or later)
|Operating/Storage Temperature||Operating Temperature: 32-113°F/0-45°C|
|Battery Type||Rechargeable Li-ion Battery|
|Dimensions||6.1 x 5.2 x 5.34″ (153 x 131 x 136mm)|
|Weight||3.97 lbs (1800g)|